At Morag’s Lodge, we make great efforts to minimise the environmental impact of our operations and to help protect our natural and historic surroundings. We are extremely proud to hold a Gold Green Tourism Award which recognises our strong commitment to sustainable tourism.
We actively share these sustainable practises with our awesome team, suppliers and guests and seek their support in following our environmental policies. We always welcome contributions and suggestions on new sustainable tips!
Our Sustainability Strategy
How We Tread Right (HWTR) is The Travel Corporation’s (TTC) new five-year sustainability strategy, which sets the mandate on sustainability at Morag’s Lodge and our sister travel companies. Our strategy is based on 11 measurable goals developed to address our impact on Planet, People, and Wildlife. These goals, anchored to the United Nations’ Global Goals, address both the environmental impact and community impact of our business and operations.
We are committed to transparency. To learn more about the progress we are making against these goals, view our 2021 Impact Report here.
The TreadRight Foundation
The TreadRight Foundation is a not-for-profit organization created as a joint initiative by Morag’s Lodge and our sister brands under The Travel Corporation’s (TTC). TreadRight’s mission is clear; to have a positive impact on the people and communities we visit, to protect wildlife and marine life, and to care for the planet we call home.
TreadRight has supported some 60-plus sustainable tourism projects worldwide to date. Support is provided through donations and grants to leading partners across the sustainable travel spectrum. These projects all fall under the three pillars of TreadRight: Planet, People, Wildlife.
Climate Action Plan
Moving closer to a low-carbon future through innovating, adapting, and learning lays in our sustainability core principles and is shaped by our Climate Action Plan to guide us in the right direction.
How can you help protect the environment when travelling?
1. Travel – travel in an environmental sensitive way. Take a tour, use public transport where you can or better still, walk or cycle. For up to the minute travel and public transport information please contact Traveline.
2. Water – We all need to conserve water. Turn off the tap when cleaning your teeth and always follow towel policies in accommodation providers.
3. Energy – Turn off lights when you leave a room and close windows when the heating is on, every action helps.
4. Nature - Respect nature and wildlife by not littering, guarding against fire and using footpaths and cycle-ways responsibly. Follow the Countryside Code here.
5. Shop Local - Use local products and services. They give you a flavour of the area and help support local communities. We are fortunate to have some fantastic producers of food, drink, and arts and crafts in our region. Ask and we can help! Alternatively, you can check out VisitScotland.
6. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - Try to avoid overly packaged goods and say no to that extra carrier bag. Recycle any waste you have.
7. Green Tourism Business Scheme - Look out for the symbol and please support those businesses that are working to reduce their carbon footprint. We have a GOLD award! The scheme is open to tour operators, visitor attractions, activity providers, accommodation providers, restaurants and other businesses.